July 7, 2012

It's Gone to the Dogs

Leaving the RRC has allowed me to follow my passion... DOGS! 


After seeing a video online from the Beagle Freedom Project about their beagle lab rescue I was hooked.  That was one year ago.  Since I could not join the BFP (they are located in L.A.) I had to find out how I could get involved in lab animal rescue.  Utah does not have a formal labratory rescue group.  However, I was put in contact with a woman who walked the U of U lab dogs and got them ready for adoption once their studies were over.  At least I could help give these lab dogs a second chance at a forever home!

My favorite girl... Sydney. She got adopted with another lab dog, Gypsie.  Gypsie is lying down underneath Syndey in this picture. Instant pack!

Due to circumstances beyond my control I had to stop working with the U of U labratory dogs, but I still wanted to be involved in rescue work.  That's when I joined No More Homeless Pets (now merged with Best Friends Animal Society).  So far I have participated in three adoption events.  The last one was for spring Super Pet Adoption and I was tent captain.  I had in my tent West Jordan Animal, Roosevelt Animal and Salt Lake County Animal.  I immediately fell in love with the pitbulls from SLCA.  Aside from my own fury babies, Pits have THE.BEST.SMILES.EVER.


*This is Calla. She is up for adoption or foster. Picture compliments of Pit Crew's Facebook page. Go "Like" them.

SLCA has an amazing group called the Pit Crew. Their focus is on educating and advocating for Pits.  They are a misunderstood breed. So what did I do... I joined the Pit Crew! I have participated in one event with them so far.

I am excited about the volunteer advocacy I will be doing with Best Friends and Pit Crew!  Expect LOTS of animals posts from me in the future.

No comments: