July 11, 2012

Be That Change

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

Picture compliments of I'm Not A Monster.

This is one of my favorite quotes.  This morning I was quietly reminded of that.  The world of animal advocacy was handed a sad loss this morning right after midnight MST. The picture above is in memory of sweet Lennox, the 7 year old lab-bulldog mix that was put to death by the Belfast government all because he resembled a pit-bull.  If you would like to read more about Lennox's battle click here.

This morning my dedication to animal advocacy was strengthened. I do not want to see this happen again. I know that I can't stop this from happening all over the world, but I can try to stop here where I live. Advocate. Educate.

This quote got me thinking about other aspects in my life also.  Whatever change I want to see in the world I cannot just sit back and wait for it to happen.  I need to get up and do what I can.  I can impact at least my tiny corner of the world.

No comments: