January 5, 2012

Nostalgia = Lightbulb

My sweet grandma gave Mister and I a very unique present for Christmas.  It was a bunch of blue and pink laminated cards that had pictures of my ancestors with a few details on them.  To her it was a way to try and get me (and the rest of my siblings/cousins) to learn about where we come from and appreciate it.  To me it became my creative lightbulb.  Those simple cards got me thinking about things I love about going to my grandma's house. And then the lightbulb turned on.  I am so excited to create this new item because to me it's comes from a memory of something good.  So stay tuned. I'm hoping to have it done and showcased to you by Sunday night.


{Image via}

Luckily it does not involve my Brother. No sewing my finger today!


To think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted.  ~George Kneller

No comments: